Beautiful Fighting Girl (英語) ペーパーバック – イラスト付き, 2011/3/7
"A foundational book illuminating the phenomenon of cool Japan, Beautiful Fighting Girl explains the global desire for images of little girls that kick ass. Sait 's uncomfortably deep understanding of the particulars of this Japanese phenomenon allows us to finally begin to answer questions about the far-reaching implications of the now nearly universal fetish, of our atomizing technologies of interactivity, and of our obsessions with new media. Its place in contemporary letters is nearly unparalleled and I wouldn't be surprised if this book gives that once a decade jostle leading to the n-th wave of feminism or a complete reconfiguration of our understanding of male desire." --Jonathan E. Abel, Pennsylvania State University
- 出版社 : Univ of Minnesota Pr; Illustrated版 (2011/3/7)
- 発売日 : 2011/3/7
- 言語 : 英語
- ペーパーバック : 213ページ
- ISBN-10 : 0816654514
- ISBN-13 : 978-0816654512
- 寸法 : 13.97 x 1.78 x 21.59 cm
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: - 223,935位洋書 (の売れ筋ランキングを見る洋書)
1) the blurb on the back by a penn state academic is so beyond hyperbolic it can really only be sarcasm.
2) the writer actually let's his subjects talk. He dedicates solid chunks to the words of the people he's talking about. For me, this is the best bit.
3) the word 'capitalism is not in the index
What irks me is the whole Lacanian angle. It all reads like the ramblings of a scholar who thought Freud didn't go far enough.
A useful preview and contextualisation of the work can be found if you hunt down Michael Moon's review, wherein he examines it in relation to queer theory.
So why did I buy it? I was beguiled by the cover - don't you be!