1. Con for hpd and strs in A BWV1055: Allegro
2. Con for hpd and strs in A BWV1055: Larghetto
3. Con for hpd and strs in A BWV1055: Allegro ma non tanto
4. Con for hpd and strs in f BWV1056: ohne Satzbezeichnung without tempo indication sans indication...
5. Con for hpd and strs in f BWV1056: Largo
6. Con for hpd and strs in f BWV1056: Presto
7. Con for hpd, 2 rcrs and strs in F BWV1057: ohne Satzbezeichnung without tempo indication sans...
8. Con for hpd, 2 rcrs and strs in F BWV1057: Andante
9. Con for hpd, 2 rcrs and strs in F BWV1057: Allegro assai
10. Con for hpd and strs in g BWV1058: ohne Satzbezeichnung sithout tempo indication sans...
11. Con for hpd and strs in g BWV1058: Andante
12. Con for hpd and strs in g BWV1058: Allegro assai
Amazon.com: 5 件のカスタマーレビュー
ADD a party crasher at Bach's and Pinnock's musical parade
1999年5月7日 - (Amazon.com)
Yes, my friends, the CD is ANALOG. However, Mr. Pinnock and the English Concert are so superb, you forgive the technology. For those of you who may not know, Bach, as well as other composers, used the same compostions they had already written or publised to feature different instruments. A violin concerto was re-written as concerto for harpsichord, and so on. The concertos on this CD feature recast Brandenberg Concertos, and some of Bach's sacred music (the music from a cantata here and there). So, this CD is a compliment to the existing Bach collection at home. If you're "mad about Bach", then this CD is for you. If you love the sound of the harpsichord, then this CD is for you. If your new to this and think you're gonna hear some new Bach tunes, well, I still recommend this CD, just understand that rewriting past compositions was a common practice in an era before electronic recording devices. You may hear things in these re-worked Brandenbergs and cantatas that are not present in recordings you may have. Mr. Pinnock's harpsichord playing is superb. The English Concert's musicianship is excellent, as always. The acoustics are fine. There really isn't much of a fresh reading of this recordings, just a substitution of the featured instrument. That is a good decision, still. My only complaint is the lack of dynamic range that is inherent in analog recordings. The harpsichord solo moments are so close to the noise floor that it is disturbing. But that is the original medium. Perfection would be if Mr. Pinnock and company were to, at some point, record these concertos again for DDD.
2014年10月18日 - (Amazon.com)
Pinnock and the English Concert do justice to Bach's Concertos here. Wonderful to experience with a very balanced sound and lots of depth in the performances.
2014年12月29日 - (Amazon.com)
One of my favorites (also Concertos 1052, 1053, 10554 (*1-3)
One of the Top Performances for Bach & Harpsichord
2005年10月13日 - (Amazon.com)
Trevor Pinnock is an accomplished master of the harpsichord and especially for pieces by Bach or those in the German Baroque tradition. Despite being analog, this performance is exemplary of a great recording and an accomplished musician at work: absolutely fabulous! You can't really go wrong with any performances by Pinnock when it comes to Bach especially: he is truly one of the best performers in this field. A great buy!
2000年1月13日 - (Amazon.com)
I have heard numerous recordings of these works but these are, IMHO, at the top of the pile. The analogue recordings (I think some are digital) sound the warmest(on LP they are even better - sorry!). Pinnock should play more solo/lead harpsichord in concert!