Não é defeito, nem ruim. Mas já poderia ser ou estar atrelado ao Prime entretanto é cobrado como serviço avulso... O fato de não haver demanda para títulos em Português provavelmente é pelo fato de ser pago separadamente.
This reveiew is not about the Audiobooks - It has nothing to do with them I have over 200+ books (I have tested this new iteration of the app on 2 amazon fire tablets, an Asus and lenovo. plus a motorola phone. All the faults have appeared on all the devices)
It should pointed out that reviews of content are irrelevant, As are reviews of older variations of the player. Should you decide to use this App it is the Current version that released on 04/2021.
Is the app stable? - No , it continually crashes ,pauses for no reason , loses marked positions and audio playback.
Can you play your audio books with it? - Only some of the time it depends if the app loses the download and you have to re download the book , or it just crashes forcing a re install of the app.
Is this App Suitable for Amazon Fire devices ? - No , basically Amazon have written code that is incompatible with its own products.
Does the App use auto rotate functionality - No, so far 80% of it is locked in portrait mode. the other 20% has the ability to rotate the layout but useability diminshed. Icons become a minimum of 75% bigger , Why ?
Is the App Fast ? - No If you have more than 2 books loaded or 10 in a library it will run exceptionally slowly.( if run at all) should you accidentally touch the screen during its many long pauses expect it to hang and crash. forcing you to restart from a position in the book that bears no resemblance to where it crashed from.
Does the sleep function now work .? - No, does it count down , yes , does it then shut down once the countdown expires - no . It re activates and asks if you want to contine using the sleep function., If you ignore it it will eventually shut down. However you only have a 65% chance of re starting where you left off. Countdown times now run in added intervals filling the screen for no reason with timings for no real purpose for example "End of book part" ??
Is the User Interface (UI) user friendly ? No. Alas the developers have do not seem to ever used audible . Ergo they do not know the product . "Childlike, illogical and irrational " are terms that spring to mind after some use. For example the press play icon .. what happens an animation around the icon slowly rotates around . 5 secsonds later the book may start or go back to being paused. (See also auto rotate and sleep "functions")
Over all this iteration of the software is garbage. Driven by ; Exceptionally poor programming, - Its slow, bug ridden, poorly optimised and unstable. Inept managers who allowed such poor programming. Incompetent QA teams & processes who allowed this drivel to pass. Bungling amazon release teams who knowing updated amazon devices with software that is incompatible.
The "Peter Principle" is no doubt evidently rife with the Amazons' software teams.
Again I should re- iterate This is not about the content , This is about the pathetically woeful app that is used to play them. With such a poor playback system the content becomes irrelevant.
Amazon are no doubt deliberately hiding and misleading customers by still showing reviews for software that is no longer valid or obtainable. This must be deliberate company decision. Its a bit like putting windows XP reviews in with those for windows 10.
All that is needed is a DRM player capable of playing the format. This App alas only does this sometimes, as long as you like listening to passages again and again as you attempt to find the place you left.
If you can, DO NOT UPGRADE to this version. Otherwise or Rip the DRM from your books ( a very simple process) and use a better suited player. ie one that works Im sure the publishers of the audio books will be 'over the moon with Amazon' with so many DRM free copies in circulation courtesy of such a poor app.
I had been using Audible from the Audible website, but it became unreliable. So I had to use the App but that also has the same problem, once it iwas downloaded, which is not the easiest of downloads as there was no notification that it was downloading.