The Art of Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (Star Wars: Episode III) (英語) ハードカバー – 2005/4/2
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Packed with breathtaking visuals created by a team of world-class artists, The Art of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith reveals an essential element of the climactic finale of the Star Wars film saga. For years, George Lucas’s handpicked group has labored feverishly to bring Episode III’s unforgettable creatures, exotic worlds, and mind-bending action to life. Together, they created character drawings, costume designs, droids and starships, planetary vistas, animation sketches, matte paintings, and animatics–every type of illustration imaginable.
This extraordinary volume unveils the best of their efforts: never-before-seen images–storyboards, models, production sketches, and ILM-generated art–that chronicle the fascinating journey from first draft to theater screen. Among the hundreds of brilliant pieces are images and anecdotes covering
• Darth Vader then and now–the new look of the ultimate Star Wars icon
• stunning conceptual looks at the climactic lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
• the evolution of General Grievous–the new face of evil–from initial sketches to ILM animation art
• fantastic full-color images of costumes, weapons, landscapes, and spacecraft
• intriguing insights from exclusive interviews with the artists, whose groundbreaking work brought Lucas’s ideas to life
• excerpts from Episode III’s inspirational Visual Script, created to help guide production through the film’s cutting-edge digital creations
For Star Wars fans everywhere, this treasure chest of images from the final, fateful Star Wars movie is a visual feast that promises hours of endless browsing pleasure.
"The fab pics will send Star Wars bores into a foaming frenzy" (Hot Stars) --このテキストは、絶版本またはこのタイトルには設定されていない版型に関連付けられています。商品の説明をすべて表示する
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta) （「Early Reviewer Program」のレビューが含まれている場合があります）
This was the final George Lucas Star Wars movie, and with it comes some of the best artwork yet. Revenge of the Sith brought us General Grievous (and its infinite toyline), the Battle over Coruscant, and the duel on Mustafar as some of the exciting scenes brought to life. And it all started with concept art, the kind you find in these Art Of books. Some of the best conceptual artists have brought their ideas to life in this book, and it must have been difficult for George Lucas to pick what would eventually end up on the silver screen.
I love and appreciate the sketches and drawings and ideas that go into these Star Wars Art Of books. If you bought the other two, buy this to finish your collection. Recommended.