ActionScript for Multiplayer Games and Virtual Worlds (One-Off) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2009/7/23
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
The demand for multiplayer games and virtual worlds has exploded over the last few years. Not only do companies want them for site stickiness through social networking, but developers have tremendous interest in exploring this niche area. While developing multiplayer content is challenging, it isn’t as difficult as you might think, and it is fun and highly rewarding!
ActionScript for Multiplayer Games and Virtual Worlds explains fundamental multiplayer concepts from connecting to a server to real-time latency hiding techniques. In this book you’ll learn:
- How to connect users to achieve real-time interaction
- When to make decisions on the server versus the game client
- Time synchronization techniques
- How to use dead reckoning smoothing to hide network latency
- About tile-based games the isometric view
- Techniques for customizing and rendering avatars in a virtual world
In addition, you’ll learn everything that goes into building:
- A real-time multiplayer tank battle game
- A real-time multilayer cooperative game
- A virtual world
Jobe Makar is a founder of and Chief Game and Virtual World Architect for Electrotank (www.electrotank.com), a company that specializes in online multiplayer game and virtual world development technologies and services. He is a developer on the widely used EUP™ virtual world and MMOG platform (www.eupsite.com). Jobe has developed over 200 Flash games and 9 virtual worlds over the last 10 years and has authored several books on advanced Flash, ActionScript, and game programming.
It is currently my main go to book while working in kyronet in Java. There could be a lot more information, and I would love to see a follow up book, but I haven't been able to find as much information to actually start multiplayer game programming, as what is in this book.