- 本カテゴリの商品を2500円以上購入で買取金額500円UPキャンペーン対象商品です。商品出荷時に買取サービスでご利用いただけるクーポンをメールにてご案内させていただきます。 詳細はこちら (細則もこちらからご覧いただけます)
Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success (3rd Edition) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2014/1/12
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
For courses in Learning Frameworks (such as Applied Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology), Effective Learning, Learning to Learn, and Student Success.
Academic Transformation uses the latest neurobiological research to help students master both cognitive and self-regulation skills for college success. Its narrative tone and eye-catching design provide powerful lessons on learning, academic performance, willpower, motivation, procrastination, time management, stress management, and behavior redirection — all while giving readers a solid understanding of why certain strategies lead to goal achievement. MyStudentSuccessLab™ helps students to "start strong, finish stronger" by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
This program provides:
- Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab
helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
- Autonomous Learning: The current college population, often called the iGeneration, needs this proven path to become autonomous learners and to successfully navigate the academic and work world.
- Research-Based: Incorporates the latest research from neurobiology related to cognition and self-regulation, thus deepening student knowledge of how to become an autonomous learner.
- Study Aids: Various enhancements offer students a better learning experience.
- Application to Other Academic Courses: From learning objectives and self-assessments to summaries, key terms, and critical thinking exercises utilizing journal questions, students have the opportunity to apply what they are learning so that each knowledge/skill set will generalize to their other academic courses.
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book plus MyStudentSuccessLab, please access code order the ISBN below:
0133948226 /9780133948226 Academic Transformation: The Road to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
"This book does a great job in leading students from teacher directed learners to autonomous learners. It promotes metacognitive thinking and a deeper understanding of how we learn. There are many good exercises that students find interesting. Every chapter is useful and supports students progression toward our learning outcomes. This book comes the closest to covering the outcomes determined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for this course." --Charles Hairgrove, Richland College
“I find the research reviewed in the book to be of the highest quality and appropriate to the population using the text. Because I teach at a comprehensive research institution, the research presented in the book helps lend credibility to the text and the content. The topics which have research references such as neural development and the patterns of human development are stronger because they are presented from a research perspective. I teach a tough, skeptical population and thanks to this text the students do not criticize the text as previous textbooks were criticized.” --Lisa Portwood, University of Oklahoma
“The Academic Transformation textbook fulfills a need that we have to expose our freshmen to ideas and guidance about how they can more fully excel in college. Students may start the class thinking they know everything about how to be successful academically and yet they have not really learned about the things they will find in this textbook. The textbook helps us explore the ‘depths’ of academic success skills.” --Brian Searcy, Northeastern State University (OK)