Zend Enterprise PHP Patterns is the culmination of years of experience in the development of web-based applications designed to help enterprises big and small overcome the challenges of the web-based application world and achieve harmony in not only the architecture of their application, but also the entire process under which that application is created and maintained. Taken directly from real-life experiences in PHP application development, Zend Enterprise PHP Patterns will help you
- Utilize open source technologies such as PHP and Zend Framework to build robust and easy-to-maintain development infrastructures.
- Understand Zend Framework and its philosophical approach to building complex yet easy-to-maintain libraries of functionality for your application that can scale with your needs.
- Benefit through an in-depth discussion of tools and techniques that can significantly enhance your ability to develop code faster, fix bugs, and increase performance.
What youll learn
- Understand how to build your applications and configure your production environments (both the web server and database servers) to maximize performance while enabling them to scale to meet your performance needs.
- Learn how to build PHP-based libraries that solve your needs without falling into the trap of over-architecturing while leveraging powerful tools like Zend Framework to reduce development time.
- Understand the importance of PHP application security and the most common security threats, but more importantly, how to incorporate a security focus into your entire development life cycle.
- Learn how to use tooling to gather metrics and identify performance bottlenecks in your application to maximize performance.
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediatelevel PHP developers who will be coding in an enterprise environment and architects and project managers who will be working in a PHP enterprise environment.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Zend Framework
- Introduction to Zend Studio for Eclipse
- Web Application Performance and Analysis
- Data-Caching Strategies in PHP
- Asynchronous Operations with PHP
- Securing Your PHP Applications
- Monitoring Your Applications
- Web Services and Zend Framework
- Production Farms for PHP
- The MySQL Database
is chief technology officer of Automotive Computer Services, providing cutting-edge software solutions to car dealerships nationwide. A former senior member of Zend Technologies' global services team, he got started with PHP in 1997 and is the author of three published books and more than 100 articles on PHP technologies. John also is an active contributor to the PHP core as the author of the tidy extension, a member of the Zend Education Advisory Board, and frequent speaker at PHP-related conferences worldwide. His web site, www.coggeshall.org, is an excellent resource for any PHP developer.
A biography for this author is not available.