- ペーパーバック: 275ページ
- 出版社: Manchester Univ Pr; New.版 (2003/8/27)
- 言語: 英語
- ISBN-10: 0719066174
- ISBN-13: 978-0719066177
- 発売日： 2003/8/27
- 商品パッケージの寸法: 14 x 1.5 x 21.6 cm
- おすすめ度： この商品の最初のレビューを書き込んでください。
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: 洋書 - 1,975,388位 (洋書の売れ筋ランキングを見る)
Women, Gender and Fascism in Europe 1919-45 (英語) ペーパーバック – 2003/8/27
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
What attracts women to far-right movements that appear to denigrate their rights?
This question has vexed feminist scholars for decades and has led to many lively debates in the academy. In this context, during the 1980s, the study of women, gender, and fascism in twentieth-century Europe took off, pioneered by historians such as Claudia Koonz and Victoria de Grazia. This volume makes an exciting contribution to the evolving body of work based upon these earlier studies, bringing emerging scholarship on Central and Eastern Europe alongside that of more established Western European historiography on the topic.
Women, Gender and Fascism in Europe, 1919-45 features fourteen essays covering Serbia, Croatia, Yugoslavia, Romania, Hungary, Latvia, and Poland in addition to Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and Britain, and a conclusion that pulls together a European-wide perspective. As a whole, the volume provides a compelling comparative examination of this important topic through current research, literature reviews, and dialogue with existing debates. The essays cast new light on questions such as women's responsibility for the collapse of democracy in interwar Europe, the interaction between the women's movement and the extreme right, and the relationships between conceptions of national identity and gender.
It will be read by undergraduate students of history, politics, sociology and women's studies, as well as by their teachers, and researchers in the field of the extreme right and women's and gender history.
Kevin Passmore is Lecturer in History at Cardiff University
- 洋書 > History > Europe
- 洋書 > History > Modern (16th-21st Centuries) > 20th Century
- 洋書 > History > World > Women in History
- 洋書 > Nonfiction > Women's Studies
- 洋書 > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Fascism
- 洋書 > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > European
- 洋書 > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies