Delicious, healthy holiday dishes that everyone can enjoy
The Diabetes Holiday Cookbook takes the worry out of holiday menu planning and food preparation for people with diabetes and those who love them. Bursting with flavorful recipes for every occasion, this month-by-month guide to healthy holiday cuisine features new and improved fat and sugar substitutes that were not available even a few years ago.
Now you can celebrate New Year's Day with chocolate "bread" pudding, make Mother's Day even more special with a delectable seafood frittata, and conjure up a frightening Halloween concoction of tomato soup with black olive eyeballs for your child. Each complete holiday menu includes fully tested recipes and listings of calorie, fat, and sugar content as well as other important nutritional information. In this comprehensive holiday resource, you'll find:
* More than 100 appetizing recipes for festive holiday dishes
* Complete, easy-to-put-together menus for 21 holiday celebrations
* Creative suggestions for enhancing flavor without adding calories
* Alternative ingredient suggestions for low-sodium and alcohol-free diets
* Helpful notes on holiday traditions and activities
CAROLYN LEONTOS, M.S., R.D., C.D.E., is a registered dietitian and a certified diabetes educator. She is the author of What to Eat When You Get Diabetes. DEBRA MITCHELL, C.E.P.C., is Executive Pastry Chef at Treasure Island, a Mirage/MGM Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. KENNETH WEICKER, C.E.C., is Executive Chef of the Suncoast, a Coast Resorts Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.