- ハードカバー: 279ページ
- 出版社: Academic Press; 1版 (1991/12/31)
- 言語: 英語
- ISBN-10: 0122748808
- ISBN-13: 978-0122748806
- 発売日： 1991/12/31
- 商品パッケージの寸法: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- おすすめ度： この商品の最初のレビューを書き込んでください。
洋書 - 658,163位 (洋書の売れ筋ランキングを見る)
- 176位 ─ 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Microprocessors & System Design > Embedded Systems
- 2105位 ─ 洋書 > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- 3523位 ─ 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
The Art of Programming Embedded Systems (英語) ハードカバー – 1991/12/31
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Embedded systems are products such as microwave ovens, cars, and toys that rely on an internal microprocessor. This book is oriented toward the design engineer or programmer who writes the computer code for such a system. There are a number of problems specific to the embedded systems designer, and this book addresses them and offers practical solutions.
* Offers cookbook routines, algorithms, and design techniques
* Includes tips for handling debugging management and testing
* Explores the philosophy of tightly coupling software and hardware in programming and developing an embedded system
* Provides one of the few coherent references on this subject
Jack Ganssle has 30 years' experience developing embedded systems. He has authored two books, The Art of Programming Embedded Systems and The Art of Designing Embedded Systems, and writes a regular column in Embedded Systems Programming magazine. Michael Barr is the editor-in-chief of Embedded Systems Programming magazine and the principal of Netrino Consultants Network. He wrote Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++.
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
Though Mr. Ganssle presents his ideas very clearly, there are times when more schematics drawings or illustrations would be helpful. In addition, his books contain few code examples; but the ones that are there are very useful. He makes up for these shortcomings by putting forward very practical suggestions to help the reader work smarter.
The biggest criticism I have has to do with the price. I had the opportunity to examine the book before I purchased it, so it was somewhat easier for me to judge the book's value than someone buying it sight unseen. However, this factor will aid me in making future judgments about other books offered by his publisher.
In the final analysis, any embedded software engineer, striving toward the elusive goal of being a better professional, will find valuable suggestions to that end in this book.
As another reviewer noted, the text is a little dated i.e JTAG is available on most of the systems I work with and there are several assembly language and BASIC code listings.
Readers should be careful applying the code in the chapter on approximations. For example, the code repeatedly performs polynomial evaluations using the form a0 + a1*x + a2*x*x + ... ; it may have been written this way to be understandable (if so, it should be noted) but it is very computationally expensive. I would probably compare them to "Numerical Recipes in C" before using them.
I'm glad to see embedded programming addressed in a book and would welcome a future version that addresses DSP, HW/SW co-design and an example application of real-time UML.
Topics such as using 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit controllers, algorithm design for them, key things to look in the hardware, testing of software, differences in existing real-time methdologies., general software design philosophy are not deeply explained from a practitioners point of view. Hopefully we get then in the next edition.
A good book for those who want to get into the embedded field. More is expected from a great author like Jack G. Ganssle who has been my favorite author.
But it is a solid book also heavy in price. Hopefully we will get a low priced book with more materials in the next edition.
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Microprocessors & System Design > Embedded Systems
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- 洋書 > Elsevier > Elsevier ST
- 洋書 > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- 洋書 > Science > Technology