- ペーパーバック: 143ページ
- 出版社: Interweave Pr (2013/4/9)
- 言語: 英語
- ISBN-10: 1596685999
- ISBN-13: 978-1596685994
- 発売日： 2013/4/9
- 商品パッケージの寸法: 21.6 x 0.9 x 26 cm
- おすすめ度： 1 件のカスタマーレビュー
- Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: 洋書 - 103,518位 (洋書の売れ筋ランキングを見る)
Patchwork, Please!: Colorful Zakka Projects to Stitch and Give (英語) ペーパーバック – 2013/4/9
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Ayumi Takahashi is a regular contributor to Stitch magazine. Her blog, The Pink Penguin (ayumills.blogspot.com), averages upward of 10,000 unique visits a month. She lives in Japan.
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
What kind of machine do you need? "Basic", says the author, who uses a Janome DC4030*. But if your machine can do straight stitch with adjustable stitch length and zig-zag, you're in. And that would be just about any sewing machine, vintage or new. As to specialized presser feet, just a walking foot is the most exotic, as you will be quilting. You will need a rotary cutter and mat, and a few other items but this is basic sewing and quilting.
The projects just jumped off the page at me. I had been wanting to make a bucket bag with a drawstring top, to carry knitting projects, and lo, there was just the perfect bag on page 107. It's actually a shopping or market bag, a lined tote with a thinner, drawstring top. But that's exactly what I want, because the bottom part of the tote will sit up as I knit, and the drawstring will hold everything inside when I carry it.
There are a lot of other small bags, such as pencil cases and makeup bags. Of course there are bibs, aprons, coasters, towels, small fabric covered boxes, and a wall hanging doubling as a mail sorter. And pin cushions. These little projects make great gifts and they are satisfying as useful home items, like place mats and baby hats (there is a cute dragon hat, for example.)
The fabrics the author uses are "Forties", "Fifties" and "Sixties" retro, which I love. But if you have a different aesthetic, you certainly will be able to adapt these patterns to your own tastes.
In addition to the photos, there are well-drawn diagrams and templates for applique and quilt pieces. The techniques (piecing, hand stitching, applique, etc) are demonstrated and the projects show the progress of assembly. The list of items you need is broken down into "must haves" and "nice to haves" which I found helpful to judge what was essential, really, to buy.
If you need a small gift and you have fabric, you're sure to find something delightful to make with this book. I found so many projects I want to make ASAP. I just love this book.
* Re the Janome DC4030. This is actually a fairly basic, electronic machine with 30 decorative stitches and was the "Pink Ribbon" edition. This machine is a platform for a lot of Janome's limited edition 30-stitch machines like the "Threadbanger",and similar to the Magnolia 7330. If your machine does basic decorative stitches, you'll be fully able to do every project in the book.
There is a sew along using this book, it can be found here: [...]
- 洋書 > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Patchwork
- 洋書 > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Quilts & Quilting
- 洋書 > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Sewing
- 洋書 > Magazines > Crafts & Hobbies
- 洋書 > Magazines > Hobbies