- Walks you through installing the applications files from the CD-ROM and setting up your programming environment
- Contains all the code needed to create seven applications:
- User authentication with HTTP
- User login
- On-line catalog
- Shopping cart
- Content management system
- Web forum
- Building and managing a mailing list (on the CD-ROM)
- Automates the programming process and walks you through building the application from start to finish
- Explains how to write secure code
- Features complete code—not just snippets, but neatly assembled packages with “instant” real-world functionality
- Shows how to build the applications in two forms -- procedural and object-oriented programming -- providing programmers who want to switch to the object-oriented method of coding (which is new in PHP 5!) with the essential know-how
- Includes a companion CD-ROM that contains every line of code in the applications from the book plus a bonus chapter that shows how to build a mailing list
Information on each application includes a discussion of issues, structure of the database, code listings, and an explanation of the code. You can use these applications as is, modify them for use on your Web site, or build your own application using techniques described. If you want real-world Web apps you can use right away, this is the book for you.
Note: The Kindle edition of this book does not include any CDs or DVDs.
Janet currently has two published books: PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 2nd Edition, and PHP 5 For Dummies. In addition, she has authored chapters for several Linux and Web development books.