Nonlinear dynamics and chaos involves the study of apparent random happenings within a system or process. The subject has wide applications within mathematics, engineering, physics and other physical sciences. Since the bestselling first edition was published, there has been a lot of new research conducted in the area of nonlinear dynamics and chaos.
* Expands on the bestselling, highly regarded first edition
* A new chapter which will cover the new research in the area since first edition
* Glossary of terms and a bibliography have been added
* All figures and illustrations will be 'modernised'
* Comprehensive and systematic account of nonlinear dynamics and chaos, still a fast-growing area of applied mathematics
* Highly illustrated
* Excellent introductory text, can be used for an advanced undergraduate/graduate course text
??much more extensive than before..? (The Mathematical Review, March 2004)
"The fully updated second edition provides a self-contained introduction to the theory and applications of nonlinear dynamics and chaos." (International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Vol.84, No.14 – 15, 10 – 20 December 2004)