Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition covers every step of the design and building process involved in creating powerful, extendable ecommerce web sites. Based around a realworld example involving a web site selling tshirts, youll learn how to create and manage a product catalog, build and integrate a shopping cart, and process customer accounts and PayPal/credit card transactions.
With the ecommerce framework in place, authors Emilian Balanescu and Cristian Darie show you how to integrate advanced features sure to set your web site apart from the competition. Youll learn how to expand your catalog using Amazon Web Services, optimize the web site for the search engines, and take advantage of Ajax to build an even more userfriendly shopping cart.
- The authors show you how to build a complex, extendable ecommerce web site using sound development practices
- This second edition has been updated to take advantage of a more flexible templating system, and new chapters cover Ajax integration and search engine optimization
- The text goes beyond basic product and customer management, showing you how to integrate product reviews, process payments using both credit cards and PayPal, and expand your web site catalog using thirdparty services such as Amazons affiliate program
What youll learn
- Build an extensible ecommerce web site using sound development techniques
- Increase sales through proven techniques such as crossselling, upselling, and enhancing customer service offerings
- Expand your product and service offerings by integrating with reseller programs such as Amazon Affiliates via XML web services
- Take advantage of search engine optimization techniques to make your web site more easy to find
Who this book is for
This book was written for individuals seeking to build ecommerce web sites using the PHP language and MySQL database.
is a software engineer with experience in a wide range of modern technologies. He is the author of numerous books, including his popular ASP.NET C# e-commerce tutorial, his Ajax and PHP tutorial, and his search engine optimization tutorial for PHP developers. Cristian studied distributed application architectures for his Ph.D, and is getting involved with various commercial and research projects. When not planning to buy Google, he enjoys his bit of social life. If you want to say "Hi," you can reach Cristian through his personal website, www.CristianDarie.ro.Emilian Balanescu
is a programmer experienced in many technologies, such as PHP, Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server. He works as a wireless network administrator at accessNET International S.A. in Romania, a company that provides fixed wireless access services operating a point-to-multipoint digital radio communication network with national coverage. You can reach Emilian at EmilianBalanescu.ro.