- 本とまとめ買いで割引 対象商品： 最大5000円OFF「PCソフト」
Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: From Novice to Professional) (英語) ペーパーバック – 2008/2/26
Kindle 端末は必要ありません。無料 Kindle アプリのいずれかをダウンロードすると、スマートフォン、タブレットPCで Kindle 本をお読みいただけます。
Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition covers every step of the design and building process involved in creating powerful, extendable ecommerce web sites. Based around a realworld example involving a web site selling tshirts, youll learn how to create and manage a product catalog, build and integrate a shopping cart, and process customer accounts and PayPal/credit card transactions.
With the ecommerce framework in place, authors Emilian Balanescu and Cristian Darie show you how to integrate advanced features sure to set your web site apart from the competition. Youll learn how to expand your catalog using Amazon Web Services, optimize the web site for the search engines, and take advantage of Ajax to build an even more userfriendly shopping cart.
- The authors show you how to build a complex, extendable ecommerce web site using sound development practices
- This second edition has been updated to take advantage of a more flexible templating system, and new chapters cover Ajax integration and search engine optimization
- The text goes beyond basic product and customer management, showing you how to integrate product reviews, process payments using both credit cards and PayPal, and expand your web site catalog using thirdparty services such as Amazons affiliate program
What youll learn
- Build an extensible ecommerce web site using sound development techniques
- Increase sales through proven techniques such as crossselling, upselling, and enhancing customer service offerings
- Expand your product and service offerings by integrating with reseller programs such as Amazon Affiliates via XML web services
- Take advantage of search engine optimization techniques to make your web site more easy to find
Who this book is for
This book was written for individuals seeking to build ecommerce web sites using the PHP language and MySQL database.
Cristian Darie is a software engineer with experience in a wide range of modern technologies. He is the author of numerous books, including his popular ASP.NET C# e-commerce tutorial, his Ajax and PHP tutorial, and his search engine optimization tutorial for PHP developers. Cristian studied distributed application architectures for his Ph.D, and is getting involved with various commercial and research projects. When not planning to buy Google, he enjoys his bit of social life. If you want to say "Hi," you can reach Cristian through his personal website, www.CristianDarie.ro.
Emilian Balanescu is a programmer experienced in many technologies, such as PHP, Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server. He works as a wireless network administrator at accessNET International S.A. in Romania, a company that provides fixed wireless access services operating a point-to-multipoint digital radio communication network with national coverage. You can reach Emilian at EmilianBalanescu.ro.
Amazon.com で最も参考になったカスタマーレビュー (beta)
Here's what I disliked about this book. This book is not a beginning PHP book and it's not a beginning MySQL book like the title might suggest. It is a beginning e-commerce book and readers are expected to be familiar with both PHP and MySQL. It is also assumed that you are familiar with OOP and the smarty templating engine. For people not familiar with smarty this might be a little intimidating. Smarty is actually fairly straight forward but you might need to visit [...] for a crash course. Help is given to set up your working environment and the authors do get you started down the right path with smarty.
I certainly did not like the writing style of this book. Most chapters start out with objectives quickly followed by numerous pages of code. This section of code is followed by a paragraph, entitled what just happened, which loosely describes what the code does but not how the code works. This same process is repeated until the end of the chapter. All of the code is commented well but it's up to you the reader to understand what's going on. I would have preferred if a little more time was spent describing the concepts being used. I get the feeling the authors were trying to cram this book into 700 pages out of fear of having a 1000 plus page book. Personally I wouldn't have minded if it were that long. On the flip side this did force me to really focus and understand what I was reading and not just "follow along".
Lastly, I did not like that this book did not also cover macs. There are only a handful of changes that need to be made to make this work on a mac however if you are not familiar with developing PHP sites on a mac you could easily get hung up on one of these simple problems.
Considering my dislikes you might be surprised that I didn't rate this book lower, but a walked away having learned so much I had to give this book at least four stars. This book is challenging but well worth every page.
As for critics that claimed this book is "impossible" or that "the code doesn't work" or that "the author won't respond" don't believe it. This book is challenging but as long as you stay focused and follow the book closely there should be no problems and yes the author did respond to my questions.
Mr. Darie makes you use smarty templates and yahoo table builder, which kind of upset me because I was hoping to see everything made from scratch without 3rd party engines and such.
Bottom line. This book needs a lot of dedication and time. It does teach you a lot of stuff, assuming you know the basics of programming.
Highly recommend for experienced programmers.
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Databases > MySQL
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Internet & Web Culture > E-Commerce
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- 洋書 > Computers & Technology > Web Development & Design > Programming > PHP
- 洋書 > Education & Reference